- Headache – Headache following a motor vehicle accident or any other accident can be temporary but could also indicate a more serious condition. Even if the headache is not severe or serious, you should have it evaluated by a doctor. This could be a sign of head trauma, bleeding, or neck injury. You may also experience nausea, dizziness, and confusion. The pain may radiate down your spine and into your shoulders, arms, and back. Do not delay if you have headaches after an accident.
- Back Pain– Rapid acceleration/deceleration (slowing, stopping, turning, twisting) of a motor vehicle can put severe stress on the lumbar and thoracic spine. After an accident, back pain is common. The injury can trigger an inflammation reaction, which can lead to further damage and make it very painful. If not treated properly, back pain can get worse. After a car accident, back pain should be assessed and treated immediately by a qualified doctor.
- Neck pain & whiplash – When there is a collision, the neck can be violently turned and twisted. This causes severe stress to the neck’s joints, nerves, and connective tissues. Neck pain following accidents is quite common but can also be a sign of more serious problems. The pain and numbness can radiate from the neck to the shoulders or arms. Therefore, immediate medical attention and treatment are required for neck pain.
- Shoulder Pain – Your shoulders are still subject to severe stress after the collision. Sometimes, the shoulder’s rotator cuff is strained. Inflammation and small tears can occur. If you seek prompt and correct treatment by a doctor, these injuries will heal quickly.
- Sacroiliac Pain and Hip Injury – These joints are often neglected and called back pain. After a motor vehicle accident, these joints should be evaluated separately and treated. Your hip and sacroiliac joints may be injured if you experience pain when sitting or walking. To avoid pain and problems with walking, these joints should be evaluated carefully.
This article was written by a medical professional at Florida Medical Pain Management. Florida Medical Pain Management is proud to offer comprehensive Pain Management In Clearwater to a diverse group of patients. Patients at Florida Medical Pain Management can get help managing hip, knee, leg, and neck pain. The practice also offers comprehensive arthritis management, along with treatments for auto accidents, sports, and work injuries.