Vision is one of your most valuable assets. Many people have wondered if having LASIK surgery is the right decision and even if they are the right candidates for LASIK. The person who can really advise you is a qualified LASIK eye surgeon, endowed with the necessary experience and worthy of your trust. For additional information, read the following sections.
Tips for Choosing a LASIK Doctor
Your choice of a LASIK physician should not be based on cost, office location, or the type of LASIK technology used. Just as a starting point, you could ask your friends, family, and co-workers who have had LASIK surgery to share their experiences with you. A good kraff eye institute LASIK surgeon usually has a solid reputation in the community. Someone who publishes an ad in a magazine may or may not be reputable, since anyone can buy ad space. You should also keep in mind that each person’s vision is unique. The LASIK doctor your co-worker raves about may not have all the training you do need. Find the right LASIK surgeon for you, based on your own research and concerns.
Although there are no hard and fast rules for choosing a LASIK surgeon, here are some guidelines to help you with your search:
- The LASIK physician must perform the LASIK surgery process from start to finish. This means that you must perform most of your preoperative exams, in addition to LASIK surgery, and you must monitor the progress of your eyes in the months after surgery.
- It is advisable to choose a surgeon who performs the LASIK procedure regularly.
- Although there is some disagreement on this issue, many experts believe that an experienced LASIK eye surgeon is one who has performed more than 1,000 LASIK procedures.
- Make sure your surgeon fully explains the risks and complications of LASIK , and is willing to answer all of your questions patiently and thoroughly .
- It is advisable to avoid LASIK centers with intensive advertising campaigns and that offer discounts.
Don’t let price be the determining factor in choosing a LASIK eye surgeon. Financing options are available to help you cover the cost of LASIK.