Lip augmentation is one of the most popular types of plastic surgery today. Many people are concerned about the size of their lips, thus going for fillers. The best lip fillers can improve your beauty and the beauty of the lips, considering that these are some of the important parts of your face. Many people have defined and more full lips on their wishlist, and it is possible to get the help you need. If you are reading this post, it is possible that you are considering going for lip fillers. However, there are vital things you must know before going for the procedure. This article will highlight 6 vital things you ought to know when going for lip fillers.
1. Getting a Lip Filler from an Experienced Provider is Vital
This is one of the most important things you should know first. You will always get information reminding you of the importance of finding the right service provider. Therefore, regardless of the facility you have chosen to go for the procedure, it is vital to ensure the practitioner is experienced and well-reputed. Dr. Nicholas Nikolov is one of the best and most reputed providers who can give you the best experience and complete your wishlist for fuller and well-defined lips. Some of the important things you can look at are the license if the doctor is certified by the board and the type of training they have taken.
This is a quick procedure but can cause adverse effects if done wrongly. An inexperienced practitioner could inject the liquid into your blood vessel or damage your nerve, and this could cause irreversible effects. Before you go to your provider, make sure you have done enough research first. You need to get a practitioner you are comfortable with, and one you are sure is knowledgeable about this procedure. you can research and ask for referrals. This will help you get the right provider for the best lip fillers.
2. There are Several Types of Lip Fillers
Before going for the injection, you need to understand that lip fillers come in different types. Some of them are temporary, while others are permanent. However, the temporary fillers from hyaluronic acid are the most common. Since they are temporary, the HA is slowly absorbed into the body over time. Any dissatisfaction or complications can be rectified through an element known as hyaluronidase.
There are several benefits of using Hyaluronic Acid for lip fillers. Such include;
- The acid has the ability to maintain moisture, and this gives your lips a fuller and more hydrated appearance.
- The acid also replenished the volume lost and facilitates your natural way of producing Hyaluronic acid.
- There is a low probability of allergic reactions considering that the fillers are from Hyaluronic acid that is also naturally produced in the body
- 3. This is a Quick Procedure
The procedure takes a short time and the recovery period is also immediate. If you are doing this for the first time, you might need to go through a consultation first to be able to discuss your goal and your medical history with your provider. The provider may also take “before” pictures, then a numbing cream is applied. In most normal cases, the injections will take around 2 minutes. Overall, the whole procedure for a consultation to injection can take about one-hour maximum.
4. The Injection can Keep your Lips Fuller for a Couple of Months
Lip fillers have increased in popularity due to the short process and the eliminated need to take several trips to the doctor. The results are immediate, although the lips may swell for some time. After about 3 days, the swelling goes down, and you can enjoy fuller lips for a couple of months. In most cases, a temporary filler takes about 6 months before you need another one. However, this period is determined by several factors like talking, eating, and smiling. The more you do these activities, the quicker the formula gets absorbed into the body.
5. There are Times to Avoid the Injections
There are certain periods when it might be unsuitable for you to go for the fillers. For instance;
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended you avoid the procedure.
- Avoid the injections when having a sinus infection since the infection can spread to the area injected.
- You also need to avoid it if you are about to visit your dentist since some dental procedures involve the use of pressure that could lead to misplacement of the fillers. Preferably, wait until a week is over after the procedure to see your dentist.
6. The Side Effects and Risks
There are side effects that you may experience. However, they are temporary and should go away after a few days. Such Include;
- tenderness or redness on the part injected
- a little swelling on the lips
- slight bleeding on the injected area
These are some of the most crucial things you must know before going for lip fillers. This is even more important, especially if you are a first-timer. Wherever you go, make sure you get a trained and reputed provider for the procedure.