The knee replacement with makoplasty in Singapore is quite a popular procedure and is known to show positive results in the patients. But the after surgery phase is quite challenging. It is important that you must pay special attention after the surgery is done in order to make sure that the results are long-lasting. If you have no idea of how to care for a person who has recently undergone the knee replacement surgery, we are here to help you. In this article, we have mentioned a few tips and tricks that will surely help you out to care for the person struggling from the knee replacement challenges.
Start with the basics
It is really important for you to follow the below mentioned steps in order to guarantee the recovery. These points will help the person and will also provide them rest too.
- It is necessary to the pillows in order to elevate the lower leg.
- If the bathroom in the house is not accessible using bedside urinal or commode is one of the best methods to use.
- You can also use the ice packs for the knees.
- The person should only be laid upon the bed that is neither too high nor too low off the ground.
- That person should be provided with a telephone or cell phone by their bedside in case they need to call someone for help.
- The medications must be easily identifiable and should be neatly arranged at a place that is easily accessible.
- The person who has undergone the knee replacement surgery should initially walk with the help of crutches and walkers.
- They must also be provided with a notepad and writing materials so that they can list the questions that they need to ask.
- It should be taken care that the shoes they are using must be made up of the sensible sole so that it is easier to walk around in the house.
- The sleepwear that they are using must be comfortable as well as sensible in order to make sure that they do not have any kind of difficulty while wearing or removing it.
- The bandages should always be kept nearby as there might be a need for dressing changes at any moment.
- There must be lights and lamps must be placed nearby, and it is to be made sure that they are easy to be controlled.
- There should be the abundance of appropriate toiletries so that whenever they need any of that stuff, it is always available and in reach for sure.
- They must also be provided with linens that are clean dry and wrinkle free.
- The patients of the knee replacement with makoplasty in Singapore must be bathing daily. If possible, they must be given a sponge bath on their beds whenever required. It is necessary that they should make the least movements and must be provided with the basic facilities on their bed.